Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Ignorance of the Professionals... or something like that

I am officially about to begin painting, and I have to say, I'm quite ecstatic!  It's been a few weeks (believe it or not) since I've so much as touched my airbrush, and I'm really happy to pick it up again.  I have the reference photographed, edited in photoshop, additional references photographed, and I have completed the grid and drawing on the canvas, which I have also coated and smoothed.  And just today I finished mixing most of my paints.   Gotta say, this feels good...

Although I have not settled on a title, I have some ideas in mind.  I will not finalize my decision until I have completed the painting, but the one I'm thinking right now is "The Ignorance of the Professionals".  Since I am re-appropriating Caravaggio's "The Incredulity of St. Thomas", I figured using a title of similar likeness would be in good nature.  However, I would like to put my own variation on the Biblical verse illustrated in that scene somewhere too.  I've even considered giving the painting a ridiculously lavished frame (much like classical works) and put a brass plaque on the bottom part of it that has inscribed, "Blessed are they who do not suffer, and yet have compassion."  ....something of that sort.

This is a project I have been thinking about for a long time, and I truly hope it comes out the way I envision it.  I can't wait to see it completed and on display!

No comments:

Post a Comment