Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Works in progress

So I am still working my current medium-scale narrative painting, however I've also begun work on an 18" x 18" painting for a fundraiser auction at Pirate: Contemporary Art Oasis.  I started working on a simple painting that is based off of a common theme shared among other hyperrealists:  stacked books.  I thought it would be a great, simple way to communicate some of the various inspirations behind my work, so I grabbed books from art, to psychology, to Sylvia Plath.  As I began, I realized that there is so much more to this that I need to investigate.  I also have had this nagging in my mind telling me to go back to my roots in drawing. 

I think that the book painting will have to wait, because I believe for the auction I should strip down to the nitty gritty.  What can I do with a #7 or #5 mechanical pencil (and only that)? ....

No comments:

Post a Comment