Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Next to Normal"

Last night I was privileged to see the opening of the musical "Next to Normal", which is about a woman who has type 2 Bipolar disorder with Delusional episodes, and how her illness and treatments effect her family.  I got this opportunity as I have been chosen to speak on a discussion panel held by NAMI (the National Alliance on Mental Illness) in conjunction with the production of the show.  The discussion topic I will be participating in is about Art and Social Responsibility concerning mental illness.  I'm honored to have been given this opportunity, and I hope that you can all make it to see the discussions. The discussions are part of a free all-day Symposium held at the Jones Theatre in the Performing Arts Complex.  Although the event is free, you do have to register to go...  In order to RSVP this free event, or for any other questions you can contact:  Tina Risch, Community Services Manager for the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, at trisch@dcpa.org. or at 303-446-4849.

No comments:

Post a Comment