Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Progress 1-5-11


0105012014a.jpg, originally uploaded by NateBaldwinArt.
Things are getting closer... I can't believe that it's taken so long, but it will be well worth it in the end. It's at times like this when I really begin to wonder what other hyperrealist's work looks like up close. I haven't seen a great deal of hyperrealistic work in person, unfortunately (mostly due to the fact that I'm in Denver, and poor haha). But from what I've seen of pictures of other hyperrealists work I am completely baffled by the swiftness the projects are completed with. Lots of painters do work the same size as this painting, and complete 8 or so per year.... and so far I've only done two in a year haha! .....wow. So hopefully there's something else to my work that makes all that time excusable. Not to mention the fact that I rework and repaint things until I find them to be just right, or give up and say it looks good enough! Oh well, either way I'm very excited to see this one finished and hanging upside right!

No comments:

Post a Comment